- There are matters going on in heaven with God that believer’s know nothing about; yet, they affect their lives.
- Even the best effort at explaining the issues of life can be useless.
- God’s people do suffer. Bad things happen all the time to good people, so one cannot judge a person’s spirituality by his painful circumstances or successes.
- Even though God seems far away, perseverance in faith is a most noble virtue since God is good and one can safely leave his life in his hands.
- The believer in the midst of suffering should not abandon God, but draw near to him, so out of the fellowship can come the comfort – without the explanation.
- Suffering may be intense, but it will ultimately end for the righteous and God will bless abundantly.
Copied from the introduction to Job in the MacArthur Study Bible.