Constant self examination is entirely necessary for a healthy and growing walk with the Lord. Paul told the Corinthian believers to “examine yourselves” (2 Corinthians 13:5) and we too must follow that godly counsel. Here are 7 probing questions that I found challenging and convicting and I’m sure you will too.
1. Did I spend time this morning with the Lord in prayer and the Word?
2. Have I kept God continually before me in my thoughts throughout the day?
3. Does my family consistently practice family devotions and worship God together?
4. Are my relationships (especially my spouse and children) where they need to be and pleasing in God’s sight?
5. Do I cherish Christ the way I cherish other things in my life or is He more of an afterthought?
6. Am I crying out to God in prayer for the unsaved around me?
7. Am I searching for and finding ways of intentionally loving those same people?