1. Children are a gift of God.
Psalm 127:3 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.”
2. Children are to be trained up in the ways of the Lord.
Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
3. Jesus cared for and talked about children during his earthly ministry.
Mark 10:14 “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the Kingdom of God.”
4. Children can praise God.
Psalm 8:2 “Out of the mouth of babes and infants you have established strength.”
5. We are instructed to have child-like faith.
Matthew 18:3 “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven.”
6. Parents are to teach their children about the Lord by using every opportunity they have.
Deuteronomy 6:6-7 “And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to you children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.”
7. As head of the household, fathers have a special role to play in the training of their children.
Ephesians 6:4 “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
8. Children are required to respect and obey their parents.
Ephesians 6:1-3 “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother (this is the first commandment with a promise) that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”
9. We must tell children of God’s greatness so that the future generations will know.
Psalm 78:4 “We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done.”
10. Children are known by their actions.
Proverbs 20:11 “Even a child makes himself known by his acts, by whether his conduct is pure and upright.”